About International Process Plants (IPP)
IPP's primary business is buying and selling manufacturing plants and facilities that their owners no longer need. These assets fall into 3 categories:
- Complete Process Plants / Power Plants
- Industrial Real Estate - usually the site of a plant IPP bought.
- Process Equipment - includes surplus, new/unused, rebuilt, reglassed and good-quality used/second hand equipment.
International Process Plants helps participants in the worldwide process industries save time, capital and human resources by buying and selling quality complete plants, process equipment and industrial real estate at competitive prices.
A classic American entrepreneurship story, in 1978 2 brothers, Ron and Jan Gale, started the business now known as International Process Plants working out of their father's business locale. Over 30 years later, IPP is a global company based in the US with international offices and affiliate companies located in China, Czech Republic, England, France, Germany, India, Italy, Romania, Taiwan and Turkey.
Our mission is to be recognized as the world's leading source for used processing plants and used process equipment serving clients in the following industries:
- fine/specialty chemical
- food processing
Clients benefit from our large inventory of plants and equipment and the dependable service of our experienced sales professionals who, combined, have over 150 years experience in process plant and equipment industries. In addition, our regional offices provide clients with a local professional who understands their specific business needs and requirements.
IPP's Business Model
IPP's business typically falls into 1 of 3 scenarios:
- A complete plant that has been shut down by its owner is bought by IPP, sometimes including the real estate the plant is located on, inventoried and then sold to a client who either operates the plant as is or moves and installs the plant in a new location.
- A manufacturer is shutting down a portion of a plant and sells that processing line to IPP who then inventories the line and sells it as a complete unit or as individual equipment pieces.
- A manufacturer is shutting down a plant to reduce industry capacity with a goal of firming up prices in that industry. IPP buys the plant, agreeing not to sell the plant as a complete unit and then inventories the equipment to be sold as individual pieces.
IPP's Used Plant Business
Whether you are selling or wish to purchase a complete plant, IPP welcomes the opportunity to serve you. Over 30 years in business, we have assisted over 10,000 companies with plant downsizing or expansions.
Need To Build A Plant? Considered Buying A Used Plant?
Visit our Plants Search page to view our current offerings.
IPP has a network of over 100 available process plants giving you the opportunity to buy an entire used plant, typically with the inherent engineering and intellectual property (documentation, Process and Instrumentation Diagram (P&IDs), Process Flow Diagrams (PFDs)) that has been proven to work. This model saves companies who need to expand both time and money vs. planning and building a new plant. In many cases, an existing plant can be dismantled, packed, shipped and re-assembled on a new site in 1/2 the time it would take for new engineering and construction of a new plant.
For many of our clients in mature, global industries, buying an existing plant was the only economically viable option to meet their expansion plans.
If you don't see what you need, please ask us. With the relationships we have built over 30 years and our understanding of the process industry marketplace, we have had great success finding the right technology for clients when we did not have the right plant for them in inventory.
Have a process plant or line for sale? Need to remove process buildings from your site?
When you are faced with a plant shut down or need to remove idle process buildings from your active site, IPP can help you maximize the value of those assets while minimizing the resource drain from your core business. We have saved individual clients millions of dollars ($MM) by assuming the ownership of:
- site demolition
- equipment removal
- carrying costs (utilites, taxes, security, etc.)
- in some cases, environmental remediation
We leverage the value of the process equipment against the cost of demolition to provide our customers the best solution for removing idle buildings from their plant sites.
There are many determinants to creating value from idled assets but typically the most value results from technology that can be made available to the open market. In cases of proprietary technology or intellectual property that you want to protect, IPP will evaluate your plant site as equipment to be sold individually without transferring trade secrets or IP.
We have performed work for many of the Fortune 100 companies, dismantling individual buildings; from working plant sites to leveling the entire site. In cases where the real estate plays a key role, IPP will purchase the entire site, including the real estate.
IPP's Industrial Real Estate Business
Are you looking for industrial real estate? Do you have a plant site with real estate for sale?
IPP has an entire business unit focused on buying and selling industrial real estate.
We are cash buyers for closed or idle manufacturing facilities globally, even those with environmental problems. IPP's business model is to purchase industrial plants globally, take on site liabilities and utilize the infrastructure on site in order to repopulate the site. Using our strong network of industry connections, we have a powerful asset to market an operable manufacturing facility.
IPP currently has several industrial real estate sites that are available to buy, rent or lease, as well as develop for alternate uses.
Complete the form on this page or contact IPP if you are interested in buying or selling industrial real estate.
IPP's Used Process Equipment Business
Looking for Process Equipment?
Search Our Equipment Stock
- IPP's global inventory of surplus, new unused, rebuilt, reglassed and good-quality used process equipment includes over 30,000 individual pieces built by 100's of different OEMs that are available for immediate delivery to your site from our yards in the US, UK, Germany and plant sites located around the globe.
- Clients tell us they save 30-50% when they purchase equipment from IPP vs buying a new OEM unit.
- We often ship equipment directly from its original plant site, providing you with the accessories (valves, controls, piping, etc) that were installed with the equipment, increasing your savings even further.
Browse our Equipment section to see the variety of process equipment we stock and find what you need. Whether its industrial dryers, storage tanks, reactors, centrifuges, pumps, etc., you'll probably find what you are looking for. If you don't succeed, please contact us for help as the equipment you need may be in our buyers' purchasing pipeline. If not, we'll probably know a source or two where you'll find it given the relationships we have after 30 years of buying and selling manufacturing assets.
Have Idle Equipment or Plants?
In addition to buying complete process plants, IPP does buy individual processing lines and individual pieces of equipment. We have even traded services for individual pieces. Learn more about selling your idle assets to IPP.
Use the form on the right of this page or contact one of our buying or sales specialists today to let us assist you with any of your current process equipment needs.
For help finding anything on our website, use this convenient sitemap.